There’s nothing like waking up at the campsite, coffee pairs with the smell of the outdoor morning perfectly. Here are some breakfast ideas we think will make your morning at the campsite even better.
1. Campfire Hash
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 ounces chopped green chillies
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 pound of polish sausage or smoked Kielbasa
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil under tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add potatoes. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kielbasa; cook and stir until meat and potatoes are tender and browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in chilies and corn; heat thoroughly.
2. Omelette In a Bag
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- I tablespoon bell pepper, chopped
- 2 slices of ham, chopped
- 2 fresh mushroom, sliced
- Crack the eggs into a large resealable freezer bag. Press out most of the air, and seal.
- Shake or squeeze to beat the eggs.
- Open the bag, and add the ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms.
- Squeeze out as much of the air as you can, and seal the bag.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place up to 8 bags at a time into the boiling water.
- Cook for exactly 13 minutes.
- Open the bag, and let the omelet roll out onto a plate.
3. Toast with Avocado and Egg
- 2 slices whole-grain breads
- 2 tablespoons mashed avocado
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over low heat, spray with oil and gently crack the egg into the skillet. Cover and cook to your liking.
- Place mashed avocado over toast, top with egg, salt and pepper and hot sauce if desired!